HOW IT WORKS
The PORTAFLOW is a Transit Time Ultrasonic flow meter. It measures flow by injecting sound from a transmitting sensor, through the pipe wall into the following liquid and then to a receiving sensor. The elapsed time between transmitted and received signals is very precisely calculated by the flow meter.
Then the sensors trade functions. The original receiving sensor function now becomes the transmitting sensor and the ultrasonic signal is transmitted in the opposite direction. Again the elapsed time between transmitted and received signals is calculated.
The transit time in the direction of flow is faster than the transit time against the flow. By comparing these time differences the PORTSFLOW is able to accurately calculate the flow rate. Because the ultrasonic signal is forcedto cross the pipe, an average of the flow profile is calculated. So compensation for laminar or turbulent flow is automatic.
The Portaflow Transit Time flow meter is designed for clean, non-aerated liquids(<2% of Volume).High concentrations of solids or gas bubbles will attenuate the ultrasonic signal or sound will not be able to cross the pipe. A Greyline Doppler-type flow meter is recommended for applications with solids or bubbles (eg. Waste water or slurries).
- World advanced technologies are applied.
- Various installation methods: Clamp-on transducers and Insertion transducers can be hot-tapped.
- Operation is user-friendly, simple and easy.
- The design makes the mounting process very simple, and no special skills or tools are required.
- High precision and reliability, independent of fluid conductivity, wider applications than magnetic flow meters.
- Wide measuring range, can measure low flow rate up to 0.003m/s.
- Bi-directional flow measurement.
- Spool-piece transducer for best accuracy and best stability in the long run.
- No moving parts, no pressure drop, no need of maintenance.
- Display for total flow, flow rate, velocity and meter running status.
- Accuracy up to 0.5% ~ 1.0% reading accuracy before out of factory.
- The high-temperature transducer is suitable to liquid of -40℃ ~ 250℃.
- Explosion-proof products, ATEX certified.
- Wireless real-time GPRS module available.
|Fluid/Application:||Recommended for clean liquids with less than 2% solids or gas bubbles|
|Flow Rate Range:||0.65 to 40 ft/sec (0.2 to 12 m/sec)|
|Pipe Size:||Ultrasonic sensors mount on any pipe from 2" to 40" ID (50 mm to 1000 mm)|
|Pipe Materials:||Any sonic conducting material including carbon steel, stainless steel, PVC, PVDF, fiberglass, galvanized steel, mild steel, glass, copper, brass and pipes with bonded liners including epoxy, rubber and Teflon|
|Display:||Backlit LCD matrix. Displays flow rates in m , liters, or gallons (per minute or hour), and flow velocity in feet per second or meters per second. Displays positive and negative flow and data log files in graphic or text modes.|
|Totalizer:||12 digits - displays separate forward and reverse flow totals|
|Power Inputs:||Built-in rechargeable NiMH battery powers the Portaflow for 6-10 hours continuously. The external charger operates from 100-240 VAC power input|
|Outputs:||4-20mA (750 ohm), Serial RS232-C with adjustable baud rates for data transfer to a PC|
|Data Logger:||programmable, 50,000 data point capacity, time and date stamped values|
|Electronics Operating Temperature:||32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C). Storage Temperature: 14° to 140°F (-10° to 60°C)|
|Electronics Enclosure:||Portable, ABS enclosure with lockable carrying case|
|Accuracy:||±2% of reading, Repeatability: ±0.5%|
|Calibration:||Built-in 16-key programming with user-friendly calibration menu. Stores calibration parameters for up to 20 different sites.|
|Approvals:||CE (conforms to EN50081-1 emission and EN50082-1 immunity standards). Charger is CE, CSA and UL approved. The Portaflow SE is certified for use in hazardous rated locations. not|
|Transducer Model PTSE1:||Clamp-on 1 MHz ultrasonic for pipes from 2" to 40" ID (50 mm to 1000 mm).|
|Transducer Mounting Kit:||Includes stainless steel guide rail, mounting chains and coupling compound|
|Operating Temperature:||-4° to 257°F (-20° to 125°C)|
- Portable water
- River water
- Cooling water
- Demineralized water
- Water/glycol solutions
- Hydraulic oil
- Diesel and fuel oils
The PORTAFLOW SE is ideal to measure flow rate of clean, non-aerated fluids in full pipes. Works best on fluids that have less than 2% particulate or gas bubbles.
The DMTFB flow meters are ideal for process-control or flow measurement at fixed locations. Their non-invasive nature makes them indispensable in applications such as chemical liquid processing, hygienic process monitoring, high-pressure flow measurement, etc. Benefited from our advanced digital signal processing technology, the flow meter works reliably in both clean and opaque liquid flow. Examples of applicable liquids are:
- Water, including hot water, chilled water, city water, sea water, etc.
- Secondary sewage, waste treatment, etc.
- Oil, including lubricating oil, diesel oil, fuel oil, etc.
- Chemicals, including alcohol, acids, etc.
- Beverage, food and pharmaceutical processors where non-contact is a must.
- HVAC, energy measurement system, etc.